When you’re looking for a new accountant, the one thing you’re probably asking yourself is “will this make it less complicated?” After all, you want to know where your business stands financially, without the complicated jargon you might associate with an accountant.
That’s why we pledge to reimagine the way an accountant supports you. Not only will things be less complicated, they’ll be more productive. How we work means you get the right information, the right tools as you grow and scale.
But that’s just the start. Ultimately, we want you to make those dreams a reality. We’re here to help you become that thriving business you first envisioned, and this page will help identify how we’ll get in the trenches with you to help you grow.
Who we work with
Let’s be honest from the start – we’re not a fit for everyone.
We work with scaling businesses from the PropTech, CleanTech and FinTech sectors, and to make sure we’re right for you, it comes down to the following qualities:
The business owners we’re a fit with:
- You want an accountant who will partner with you for the long-term strategy and growth.
- You want live data at your fingertips to make the best decisions possible.
- You want access to proven expertise for tech industry.
- You want to use the latest technology to stay ahead of the game.
- You’re ready to invest in your business and the finance function that supports that.
The business owners we’re not a fit with:
- You just want a “once-a-year” accountant, one who’ll just churn out the accounts.
- You want to simply remain compliant, and don’t care about the numbers.
- You’re not interested in feedback or expertise.
- You don’t care about technology and what to remain where you are.
- You’re looking for the cheapest possible accountant out there.
What makes Square Mile Accounting different?
- We continue to adapt and serve you as your business soars, so that your team is crafted to support you in the best possible light.
- We use the very best technology to give you everything you need to run your business.
- We share the same qualities of entrepreneurship and innovation.
- We specialise in the tech sector, giving you access to high-level expertise.
- We’re determined to make things less complicated and more productive for you.
Are you ready to see how we can help?
The 5 ways we support you
1. Live Accounting – You can’t run a business if you don’t have the numbers to support you. We will give you live data so that you can become more agile and have the right information readily available. More info
2. App SquareTM – We’ll give you the very best app stack needed to reinvigorate your business. You’ll be able to reinvent the wheel with the right systems and processes in place. More info
3. Board Level – This is where you get access to a Virtual FD, with detailed reports to help you focus and go about change. The next level: High-calibre strategic support. More info
4. R&D Co-Pilot – If you’re investing heavily in tech and innovation, you could be eligible for this tax break. We’ll support you with everything you need to do get that future growth funding. More info
5. Xero Deep-Dive – You know Xero, now it’s time to know Xero, better. We’ll give you hands-on one-on-one training to help you get to grips with the software in a way that only you want. More info
“My bookkeeping is now painless after changing to Square Mile, and I feel really well looked after.”
– Wayne Durack, Director, Web Development Realness
Who you’ll be working with
As you with work us, you’ll have access to entire outsourced finance function at the level you choose to invest in. This means your team may comprise of:
Your go-to contact. They’ll liaise with you to make sure everything is in place for you to get the most out of working together.
Your sounding board at a strategic level. They’ll share their industry expertise to help you make the most from your craft.
The person responsible for bringing everything together. They’ll collate your live data so you aren’t wasting any time getting to the numbers.
Frequently asked questions
Why do I need a Xero expert?
We are a 100% Xero practice, this means that our staff are all Xero certified and are able to answer any Xero question that you might have. We can help you find the right Xero add-ons you can use to benefit your business. Being experts helps us track your data in real time and offer valuable advice, unlike traditional accountants who may only have access to your data months after the year end.
I’m currently using Sage or Quickbooks, but want to use Xero, is it easy to move all my data over?
Yes, there are specific Xero add-on tools that will perform the conversion for you, giving you with access to all your transaction data and contacts in Xero. We can arrange this for you.
How do you charge?
All fees are agreed up front and where practical, are fixed and are paid in equal monthly instalments over your financial year.
Is it difficult to switch from my current accountant?
No, your personal accountant will send a professional clearance letter, informing your old accountant that we are taking over responsibility for your accounts and taxes.