As your tech business is growing, there will come a time when you need a shoulder to lean on, or someone new who realises your vision for becoming more agile and thriving.
That support can come in the form of a CFO, more commonly known as a Virtual FD. That person is ideal if your business needs high-calibre strategic support, effectively taking responsibility for managing your end-to-end accounting function.
That’s exactly what Board Level does. If you’re looking for focus and change, and you’re ready to step it up a notch, Board Level gives you that representation and guidance to make solid business decisions going forward. Often, you’re ready for this level of support when you fall into one or more of these categories:
You’re spending too much time dealing with financial decisions, instead of leading your business.
You want accountability for your financial targets and future goals of the business.
You’ve grown at a rapid pace and need forecasting in place to properly manage cash.
The elements that make up Board Level support in your tech business
- Reports and KPIs to measure performance and help you move closer to your goals.
- Budgets and forecasting to understand where your business is heading.
- Scenario planning for different assumptions to help identify multiple outcomes for the future.
- Planning for the future, whether it be organic growth, improved profitability, acquisitions or exits.
- Management and accountability to ensure objectives are in line with your business’ strategy.
Talk to us about implementing a Virtual FD in your business.
What Board Level package is right for me?
Having a Virtual FD on hand means you have a shoulder to lean on, and someone to help drive your business forward. That can come in many forms, so when considering the type of investment you need, it’s important to consider how valuable the following elements are:
1. Information – How up-to-date do you want the information at your fingertips? Choosing monthly reports and updates versus quarterly means you have more regular and actionable information to base key decisions on.
2. Meetings – How often do you want to meet with us? Meeting with us to discuss KPIs and goals gives you someone trustworthy to lean on, whether it be monthly, quarterly or annually.
3. Support – Some businesses bolt-on added extras such as a dedicated Slack channel to get support as and when needed, no matter how trivial the topic.
Successes from Board Level support
You choose what topics we discuss and support you with during your training. In order for the best plan to be put in place, we use the following 3 step process
Board Level insight from our blog
We’re always looking to share our knowledge. Read the latest tips to see how implementing a Virtual FD could kick-start your tech business.
When you hire a Virtual Finance Director (VFD), part of their remit will be to assess the past and present financial performance of your company. But where they truly shine is in helping you plan for the future. A VFD should be tasked with evaluating the efficiency...read more
Sales are up. New customers are flooding in. You can’t stop hiring. This is it, this is the dream. Everything is falling into place. But where’s all the money you were expecting to follow this level of success? And why is your time being monopolised by tasks that have...read more
When you hear the words “Finance Director”, what springs to mind? They’re not for small, scaling businesses. Right? They’re sat in fancy corner offices of large, multinationals. Right? They’re too expensive and their services too complicated for scale ups. Right?...read more