As your tech business is growing, there will come a time when you need a shoulder to lean on, or someone new who realises your vision for becoming more agile and thriving.
That support can come in the form of a CFO, more commonly known as a Virtual FD. That person is ideal if your business needs high-calibre strategic support, effectively taking responsibility for managing your end-to-end accounting function.
That’s exactly what Board Level does. If you’re looking for focus and change, and you’re ready to step it up a notch, Board Level gives you that representation and guidance to make solid business decisions going forward. Often, you’re ready for this level of support when you fall into one or more of these categories:
You’re spending too much time dealing with financial decisions, instead of leading your business.
You want accountability for your financial targets and future goals of the business.
You’ve grown at a rapid fast and need forecasting in place to enable sourcing of cash.
The elements that make up Board Level support in your tech business
- Reports and KPIs to measure performance and help you move closer to your goals.
- Budgets and forecasting to understand where your business is heading.
- Scenario planning for different assumptions to help identify multiple outcomes for the future.
- Planning for the future, whether it be organic growth, improved profitability, acquisitions or exits.
- Management and accountability to ensure objectives are in line with your business’ strategy.
Talk to us about implemen ng a Virtual FD in your business.
What Board Level package is right for me?
Having a Virtual FD on hand means you have a shoulder to lean on, and someone to help drive your business forward. That can come in many forms, so when considering the type of investment you need, it’s important to consider how valuable the following elements are:
1. Information – How up-to-date do you want the information at your fingertips? Choosing monthly reports and updates versus quarterly means you have more regular and actionable information to base key decisions on.
2. Meetings – How o en do you want to meet with us? Mee ng with us to discuss KPIs and goals gives you someone trustworthy to lean on, whether it be monthly, quarterly or annually.
3. Support – Some businesses bolt-on added extras such as a dedicated Slack channel to get support as and when needed, no ma er how trivial the topic.
Successes from Board Level support
You choose what topics we discuss and support you with during your training. In order for the best plan to be put in place, we use the following 3 step process
Board Level insight from our blog
We’re always looking to share our knowledge. Read the latest tips to see how implementing a Virtual FD could kick-start your tech business.
As any successful business owner will tell you, there comes a point when you need to start delegating. To grow effectively, you willneed to call in the experts - especially when it comes to finance. That’s why many businesses eventually turn to a finance director to...read more
Spoiler alert:If you’re already debating the need for a Finance Director, you definitely need both. There is often confusion when discussing the roles of accountants and Finance Directors. After all, they both work with clients and businesses to help improve their...read more