Careers at Square Mile Accounting
We like working with entrepreneurs and work really hard to give businesses the best accounting experience possible. If you’re keen to approach accounting with an entrepreneurial spirit — to get involved and help people grow their businesses and the bottom line — we’d like to meet you.
What We Offer
Senior Client Manager | Location: Clerkenwell
- Manage a portfolio of client relationships with a fee base of ~ £250k predominantly comprised of London based digital businesses.
- Leverage our cutting edge cloud technology to monitor the financial health of your client base.
- Advise clients on trends and issues facing their business and industry.
- Manage and schedule the work of junior colleagues as well as training and coaching accordingly.
- Take responsibility for our clients’ accounting and financial control needs by performing rigorous validation and review of financial reports produced by colleagues.
- Devise novel tax solutions to meet the needs of our clients either in house or by working closely with our tax partners.
- Work with the directors to deliver a world class practice management platform.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with from a top UK firm.
- Able to manage a wide range of client relationships and deliver on their demands.
- Must possess a commercial mind-set with the relevant skills to advise clients on issues facing their business.
- Must be autonomous, resilient and able to employ a logical approach to problem solving.
- Other than MS Office, systems experience isn’t essential. You will be trained to work with Iris, Xero, Receipt Bank, Futrli, Slack.
What’s on offer?
This opportunity will be based in the administrative headquarters in the heart of Clerkenwell. The role offers the prospect of flexible working, excellent training and a market leading salary. Our company has a very entrepreneurial outlook, so would suit someone who is looking for more commercial exposure and ability to have an impact on the growth of the company.
If you like the idea of being able to drive your ideas forward and quickly implement them without the need for sign-off from multiple layers of management then this is the place for you.
A logical progression for the successful candidate would be to progress to a virtual finance director role and ultimately become our commercial director.
There is a discretionary bonus scheme based on the performance of the firm to reward exceptional achievement.